My newest mock. Some QB changes were made as well as some new names added into the first round. This is the second mock draft in my series. Enjoy.
- Jags – Trevor Lawrence QB (Clemson)
I’ve heard some people have Trevor Lawrnece as their QB2. I don’t.
- Jets – Zach Wilson QB (BYU)
I have faith that Sam Darnold can be a good QB for the Jets under a new coach, But it’s hard to pass on a talent like Zach Wilson. Electric player to watch and perfect for New York.
- Dolphins – Ja’Marr Chase WR (LSU)
Chase’s build and strength make him my WR1. Sure a reunion of Tua (If he’s not traded) and Devonta Smith would be exciting, but I think Chase is the better choice for Miami.
- Falcons – Kyle Pitts TE (Florida)
I think new coach Arthur Smith will lead to some success for Matt Ryan. So, the next option is to take a dynamic TE who is dominant in the redzone and match him with Ridley and Julio.
- Bengals – Penei Sewell OT (Oregon)
Sewell is the best tackle in this class and a perfect fit in Cincy. Their OL was unable to protect their asset in Joe Burrow and he was hit a ton. Draft a LT that will protect him.
- Eagles – Devonta Smith WR (Alabama)
Jalen Hurts and Devonta Smith. Teammates again.
- Lions – Micah Parsons LB (Penn State)
Dan Campbell wants a tough team that will “Kick in your teeth” and “Bite a kneecap off”. Micah Parson seems like a good fit. He’s got the size and explosiveness to do just that.
- Panthers – Justin Fields QB (Ohio State)
Panthers have been in the news a ton looking for a QB. I don’t think they get Deshaun Watson so take Fields here who’s a great option.
- TRADE: Washington – Trey Lance QB (NDSU)
Our first trade! Washington needs a franchise QB and they get their guy here in Lance.
- Cowboys – Patrick Surtain II CB (Alabama)
This is a perfect Cowboys pick. Fills a need and they’re getting a fantastic player. My CB1 in the draft.
- Giants – Jaylen Waddle WR (Alabama)
Danny Dimes gets a WEAPON. Waddle is a WR1 in the NFL and the Giants next great receiver for years to come.
- 49ers – Caleb Farley CB (Virginia Tech)
Let’s be honest, Richard Sherman ain’t coming back. Easy decision to take Farley here.
- Chargers – Rashawn Slater OT (Northwestern)
Just like Cincy, Chargers have the stud young QB. Time to protect him
- Vikings – Alijah Vera-Tucker IOL (USC)
Alijah Vera-Tucker has played both guard and LT but majority of this season at tackle. Why wouldn’t the Vikings like that versatility. Take him.
- Patriots – Mac Jones QB (Alabama)
Pats need to figure out their QB position. Mac Jones is starting to feel more and more like a Belichick quarterback. He’s accurate, a good thrower, and in college, he was a winner.
- Cardinals – Christian Darrisaw OT (Virginia Tech)
Darrisaw to Arizona to beef up that OL and more importantly, protect Kyler.
- Raiders – Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB (Notre Dame)
Perfect fit for the Raiders. JOK will be a fun player to watch in Vegas.
- Dolphins – Travis Etienne RB (Clemson)
Rumors swirling about Aaron Jones to Miami. I think they should save some money and take a speedy and efficient back in ETN.
- TRADE: Broncos – Jaycee Horn CB (South Carolina)
Broncos move back a bit and gain more ammo later on from the “Football Team”. Fill a need and take Horn.
- Bears – Kadarius Toney WR (Florida)
Bears need a QB, but with all first round viable options gone, might as well grab a dynamic, shifty receiver to boost that offense. Who knows what’s going to happen with Allen Robinson.
- Colts – Gregory Rousseau DE (Miami)
Good job getting a QB. The Colts could take a WR but I don’t think the value is there. Might as well build up the defense more and take Rousseau.
- Titans – Jalen Mayfield OT (Michigan)
DL is a need but after Isaiah Wilson tweeting about how he’s not coming back, probably should draft his replacement.
- Jets (via SEA) – Kwity Paye DE (Michigan
Zach Wilson and Kwity Paye in the first round. Good work Jets.
- Steelers – Najee Harris (RB) Alabama
I think James Conner is gone. Najee Harris’ play style fits perfectly in Pittsburgh
- Jags (via Rams) – Landon Dickerson IOL (Alabama)
I think the only right move is to grab an OL to help protect Trevor Lawrence.
- Browns – Azeez Ojulari DE (Georgia)
I know they’re in the JJ Watt Sweepstakes but if that falls through, Myles Garrett and Azeez Ojjulari on that DL is scary.
- Ravens – Jaelen Phillips EDGE (Miami)
Ravens could take a WR but Jaelen Phillips is a great prospect that you can’t leave on the board.
- Saints – Trevon Moehrig S (TCU)
I could see the Saints trading up for a QB but in this scenario, they’re rolling with Jameis Winston. With that being said, grab the #1 Safety in the draft to fill a need.
- Packers – Rashod Bateman WR (Minnesota)
Packers finally draft a receiver in the first. A good complimentary piece with Devanate Adams.
- Bills – Teven Jenkins OT (Oklahoma State)
Bills are a wagon with a MVP caliber QB. Another instance where you need to take a guy to protect him.
- Chiefs – Kelvin Joseph CB (Kentucky)
OL is a need but at this spot, adding a guy like Kelvin Joseph at corner is the move. 6’1″ 192lbs and speedy.
- Bucs – Zaven Collins EDGE (Tulsa)
One of my favorite guys to watch. Fast, smart, and versatile. The champs take Collins.